Unfortunately for the accused snake, the reptile did not make it through the ordeal alive. His time of death is unknown, but it all went down on Sunday afternoon.
David Lambert of the Withlacoochee River Electric Cooperative, whose electrical equipment was compromised by the snake, told Fox 13 it would cost approximately $80,000 to replace the malfunctioning electrical breaker.
Some workers say it was most likely a bird who flew over the equipment and inadvertently dropped the snake into the equipment, causing 1,600 homes to lose power in Wesley Chapel. If this is true, imagine a large bird and a snake fighting in mid-air, until the bird submits and drops the cold-blooded meal into Pasco’s electric life-line.
As of 6:00 pm Sunday morning power was restored for all homes who were without electricity, for approximately 1-hour.