Governor Ron DeSantis announced his SAFE. SMART. STEP-BY-STEP. plan to reopen Florida Wednesday (4/29) afternoon.
Phase one of the plan starts Monday, May 4th. Guidelines, for now, exclude Broward, Miami-Dade and Palm Beach counties due to their high numbers of COVID-19 cases.
Phase one includes more testing sites and contact tracing will continue.
What is Phase One? According to the governor’s press conference here are the basics:
- Schools will remain closed. Distance learning to continue.
- Visits to senior living facilities are prohibited.
- Elective surgeries can resume.
- Restaurants may offer outdoor seating with six-foot space between tables and indoor seating at 25% capacity.
- Retail can operate at 25% of indoor capacity.
- No change for bars, gyms and personal services such as hair dressers.
- Vulnerable individuals should avoid close contact with people outside the home
- Everyone should maximize physical distance from others while in public
- Avoid socializing in groups of more than 10 people in circumstances that do not “readily allow for physical distancing”
- Face masks are recommended for those in face-to-face interactions and where you can’t social distance.
Story developing…see more from ABC Action News here