JCPenney, in a difficult financial situation, reviewed its stores nationwide, and chose to close 154 stores. One of those stores is right here in Tampa, among 9 in Florida.
The JCPenney store in Westshore Plaza is Tampa’s lone store in this group of closures. The full list of stores closing in Florida includes:
- Westshore Plaza in Tampa
- DeSoto Square Mall in Bradenton
- Coralwood Shopping Center in Cape Coral
- Gulf Coast Town Center in Fort Myers
- Regency Square Mall in Jacksonville
- Eagle Ridge Mall in Lake Wales
- Santa Rosa Shopping Center in Mary Esther
- Orlando Fashion Square
- Lakeshore Mall in Sebring
According to the restructuring plans posted from JCPenney’s website, closing sales will begin June 12, and that more closings could be announced in upcoming weeks.