The state today announced SunPass Savings, a six month program that will start September 1. The program could save you up to 25% more on tolls, but there are some catches. Not everyone is eligible to get the discount.
SunPass already saves you money versus paying by toll by license plate. But starting one week from today, those who do a lot of driving can save more. If you accumulate 40 transactions in one month, you’re going to see at 20% savings credit on your bill. If you have more than 80 of those transactions, that discount jumps to 25%. Your SunPass Savings credit will be posted to your account on the 10th of the following month, according to Sunpass.com.
To get these discounts, your account must be in good standing. This also only applies to customers with two-axle vehicles. No registration is required to get the deal.
The Florida Toll facilities included in the SunPass Savings program include:
- Turnpike Mainline (SR 91/SR 821)
- Sawgrass Expressway
- (SR 869), Alligator Alley
- Polk Parkway (SR 570),
- Sunshine Skyway Bridge
- I-4 Connector
- Veterans Expressway (SR 589)
- Beachline East (SR 528) MP 0-8
- Beachline West (SR 528) MP 31-46
- Western Beltway (SR 429) MP 0-11
- Southern Connector Extension (SR 417) MP 0-3
- Seminole Expressway (SR 417) MP 38-55
- Wekiva Parkway (SR 429) Mount Plymouth Road to SR 46
- First Coast Expressway (SR 23)
- Garcon Point Bridge
- Pinellas Bayway and express lanes